Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Hiding Usernames in the Logon Screen

Hi Friends, Today I am telling you about “Hiding Usernames in the Logon Screen”. When you start most Windows PCs, you end up at the logon screen so that you can
choose your username and log on by entering your password. In Windows 7, the logon
screen always displays icons for each user account, and each icon shows the name of the
account as shown below.



This may not seem all that important, but that logon screen is actually helping any
would-be cracker a great deal. Why? The nefarious nogoodnik now has an important
advantage because he knows the names of all your user accounts (or, in the case of XP
Pro, one of your accounts). Yes, the evildoer must still guess an account’s password, but
you can make things a heckuva lot harder by forcing the snoop to also guess a username
on your system. How do you do that? By tweaking Windows so that it doesn’t display
usernames in the logon screen. Sneaky!



Note:
These steps require the Local Security Policy snap-in, which is available only with
Windows 7 Professional, Windows 7 Enterprise, Windows 7 Ultimate, and XP
Professional.


You do that by following these steps:
 
1) Select Start, type secpol.msc into the Search box, and then press Enter. The Local
Security Policy snap-in appears.

 
2) Open the Local Policies and it will look like this


3) Now click on  'Local Polices' then click on 'Security Options' , then double click on 'Interactive Logon: Do Not Display Last User Name'




 4) A new Dialog will be open. Select 'Enable' radio button and click on OK.

 You are done and when you start your computer the logon screen will be look like this

 

Enjoy............

Video Tutorial:


:: Advertise Here::


:: If you want to Advertise here then Email us : bangash.hacker@gmail.com ::

If you have any problem then mention it in comment box.
The Bangash Hacker

5 Responses so far.

  1. Unknown says:

    Thank you for one more fantastic web log. wherever else may one get that sort of knowledge written in such an ideal way? I actually have a presentation that i'm presently engaged on, and that i are searching for such data instead.
    outlook email program

  2. Thanks for sharing this information.. Are you looking for logo design or web design for your company or business, contact subraa freelance logo designer in singapore.
    Logo design Singapore

  3. I was in a relationship with David for 5years. I was so true and dearly to him, i even had plans to get married to him as soon as possible before i started noticing some foul play. He always tries to satisfy me even when I wanted only little of him. I noticed some signs that he was cheating on me so I decided to take laws into my hands and told my best friend about it and then she gave me a reliable hacker's Email who changed my whole life for the better. I thought it was a joke but after when i funded the exploits and was told to be in 24 hours, He assisted me in hacking his Facebook accounts, his Emails and all his social media platforms and I got to find out that he has being cheating with not only one but with different women since the 5years we’ve been together. All thanks to him. Contact him via: (hackingsetting50@gmail.com) definitely you gonna thank me later.

  4. I was in a relationship with David for 5years. I was so true and dearly to him, i even had plans to get married to him as soon as possible before i started noticing some foul play. He always tries to satisfy me even when I wanted only little of him. I noticed some signs that he was cheating on me so I decided to take laws into my hands and told my best friend about it and then she gave me a reliable hacker's Email who changed my whole life for the better. I thought it was a joke but after when i funded the exploits and was told to be in 24 hours, He assisted me in hacking his Facebook accounts, his Emails and all his social media platforms and I got to find out that he has being cheating with not only one but with different women since the 5years we’ve been together. All thanks to him. Contact him via: (hackingsetting50@gmail.com) definitely you gonna thank me later.

  5. This professional hacker is absolutely reliable and I strongly recommend him for any type of hack you require. I know this because I have hired him severally for various hacks and he has never disappointed me nor any of my friends who have hired him too, he can help you with any of the following hacks:

    -Phone hacks (remotely)
    -Credit repair
    -Bitcoin recovery (any cryptocurrency)
    -Make money from home (USA only)
    -Social media hacks
    -Website hacks
    -Erase criminal records (USA & Canada only)
    -Grade change
    -funds recovery

    Email: onlineghosthacker247@ gmail .com

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
 

Create Free Store

Followers

Contributors